Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Conference Intern Katherine Freeman's Schedule!

Hey guys! My name's Katherine Freeman and I'm a conference intern at the 2011 Austin Film Festival. I am currently a student at Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX pursuing a degree in English with a minor in film studies. I am an aspiring screenwriter and would love to be able to visit and watch all of the panels we have scheduled this year during our Conference (October 20-23). However, I'm an intern and there's much work to be done during the Festival so I won't have time to go see the panels I would like to.

If I wasn't working though, I would buy a Conference Badge so that I'd have unlimited access to all of the panels for the entire conference, entry into all eight days of festival screenings, along with many more benefits. The following would be my schedule:

Roundtable: The Creative Side
Complex Characters: A Conversation with Lawrence Kasdan
Comedy - The Hardest Genre?
The Art & Craft of Screenwriting
The Creative Career: What You Need to Know
Writing for Animation: The Writers’ Perspective
A Conversation with 2011 Outstanding Television Writer Awardee Hart Hanson
A Conversation with 2011 Extraordinary Contribution to Filmmaking Awardee John Lasseter
A Conversation with 2011 Distinguished Screenwriter Awardee Caroline Thompson
The Art of Storytelling with the 2011 Awardees
Script-to-Screen: Veronica Mars with Rob Thomas
Exclusive Staged Reading of “The Nice Guys”


The films I am most looking forward to are: EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, METROPOLITAN, BENEATH THE DARKNESS, SMALL AND CREEPY FILMS, ALBERT NOBBS, AMERICAN TEACHER, THE DESCENDENTS, JEFF WHO LIVES AT HOME, LET GO, SHAME, AND LOREN BOUCHARD AND JIM DAUTERIVE'S PILOT BOB'S BURGERS

No comments: