Monday, February 25, 2008

AFF @ 15


As kind of the new kid on the block, I don’t have nearly as many amazing stories as the rest of the staff. However, I do remember the 2005 festival (my first year) fondly. I went to a panel entitled Up Close and Personal: Harold Ramis that was moderated by Judd Apatow (a huge fan of Ramis’s). Towards the end of the panel the two started discussing “potty humor.” As you may have guessed, they are both big fans of it. The discussion was cut short due to time, but I was lucky enough to stumble on the two in the lobby afterwards still talking. Being the bumbling, star-struck fan that I am I ever so coolly wedged myself into the conversation hoping to get an autograph. I did get one, but what’s much more memorable is that I got the chance to talk with Harold Ramis and Judd Apatow about the most sophomoric of humor for 10 minutes. Of course, when I say talk, I mean I mostly laughed nervously while the two masters riffed off each other, but it was amazing nonetheless.

(I am not the guy in the picture, but I could have been)

No comments: