Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Conference Intern Christina Burlison's Festival Schedule

Hello all! Meet me: Christina Burlison. I'm a screenwriter, a graduate from UT Austin's Graduate Screenwriting program and I'm currently interning with the Austin Film Festival, which I love, by the way.

This year, my feature YEAR OF THE COCK a romantic comedy about a heartbroken lesbian who wants to know what's so special about the opposite sex, made it to the second round in comedy. My pilot DREAM SCREEN, a police procedural about a man who dreams of murder 48 hours before it occurs made it to the Second Round also.

If I weren't a Second Rounder, and didn't have the opportunity to attend all the Second Rounder panels, my schedule would include:


A Conversation with Alec Berg
Roundtable: The Creative Side
Roundtable: The Business Side
Raising Stakes, Reversals, and Payoffs: A Conversation with Shane Black
A Shot of Inspiration
Script-to-Screen: FIGHT CLUB with Jim Uhls
Roundtable: Television
In the TV Writers' Room
A Conversation with 2011 Distinguished Screenwriter Awardee Caroline Thompson
The Art of Storytelling with the 2011 Awardees



The films I am most excited to attend include: BUTTER, THE DESCENDENTS, DESPICABLE DICK AND RIGHTEOUS RICHARD, EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, JEFF WHO LIVES AT HOME, THE RUM DIARY, and Kyle Killen's Pilot "Awake."

What are you going to attend?

3 comments:

Esther said...

I'm really excited about Script-to-Screen "Fight Club" especially with the appearance of Chuck Palahniuk and Terry Rossio's rewriting workshop

Thanks for the insight. Look forward to meeting you at AFF!

Rich Lucas said...

Congrats on your success! See you there!

lizzieliz said...

I'm stoked to see Freak Dance the Movie! It's my hero Matt Besser's film and I'm sure it's going to be amazing!

10:00 PM, Fri, Oct 21
7:45 PM, Sun, Oct 23

Check it out:
http://www.freakdancemovie.com/

http://aff.festivalgenius.com/2011/films/freakdance_mattbesser_aff2011