Monday, January 25, 2010

New Screenplay Competition Director 2010

Hello friends -

I hope 2010 finds you well. Things are already getting geared up around here and everyone is looking forward to the 17th Annual AFF in October.

I am writing to let you know that this will be my last week working with the Austin Film Festival. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working here and that is in no small part due to all of the people I have been able to work with. I can say without hesitation that this job would not be possible without all of your help and support and I thank you all for that.

The good news is that we didn't have to look very far for my replacement. Matt Dy, AFF's Office Manager for the last 2 years, will be taking my place. Matt is incredibly capable and very familiar with the competition and how it runs. He is also a writer himself which makes him well suited for the position. We have had plenty of time to make the hand-off and I know it will be a smooth transition.

Matt's email address is Please feel free to welcome him to the position and introduce yourself.

Thanks again for all of your support. My forwarding address is Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

I hope to see you all again at the Festival in October.

Take care,
Alex McPhail

No comments: