Austin Film Festival is happy to announce the just confirmed panelist, Phil Rosenthal for the 2008 Festival. Rosenthal is co-creator and executive producer of the hit CBS comedy, "Everybody Loves Raymond.".
The series was nominated for the Best Comedy Emmy 7 times. Rosenthal was nominated for a Best Writing Emmy with Ray Romano in 2000 and again in 2002 for his script, “The Angry Family” and in 2005 for “Finale”. Over the nine season run, “Everybody Loves Raymond” was nominated for over 70 Emmy awards, and won 15 times, including Best Comedy Series in 2003 and 2005.
Rosenthal won the 2002 Writers Guild Award for Excellence in Television Writing for his script, “Italy.”
You might also recognize him from "Spanglish" as Adam Sandler's sous chef or from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and Jake Kasdan's feature, "The TV Set."
A little more about Phil Rosenthal:
- Phil Rosenthal was born in Queens, raised in Rockland, N.Y., and attended Hofstra University on Long Island.
- He actually started out as an actor in New York, but he also wrote and directed before relocating to Los Angeles in search of more acting opportunities.
- Rosenthal’s early writing credits include series “Man In The Family” and “A Family for Joe.”
- He was a supervising producer on “Down the Shore” and “Coach.” He also directed a “Coach” episode.
- Rosenthal has the distinction of having directed President Bill Clinton in the White House Correspondents Dinner video, which was shown to wide acclaim at the April, 2000 event.
- He co-wrote the “America: A Tribute to Heroes”, the 9/11 telethon which aired on all four networks, won a Peabody Award and an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing.
- Rosenthal is the author of “You’re Lucky You’re Funny: How Life Becomes a Sitcom"
- He currently lives in Los Angeles, with his wife, actress Monica Horan (who played Amy on “Everybody Loves Raymond”), and their two children.
Its not to late to make plans for the fall and come to Austin for the 2008 Conference and Festival. Find out which pass suites you best! Click here to find out more about the Producers, Conference, Weekend, or Saturday badge now!